My daughter was recently given a series of 8 books with the title Mastery of Speech, written by Frederick Law and published in New York in 1919.
It is described as: A course in Eight Parts on General Speech, Business Talking and Public Speaking, What to Say and How to Say It under All Conditions.
The titles of the eight books are:
- Book One: How to Speak Correctly and Pleasingly
- Book Two: How to Use Words Correctly
- Book Three: How to Speak Well Under All Ordinary Conditions
- Book Four: How to Speak in Daily Business Life
- Book Five: How to Speak under Trying Conditions
- Book Six: How to Speak In Private Life and in Public Places
- Book Seven: How to Speak on Public Occasions
- Book Eight: How to Find Material for Talking and Speaking
Book 4 might be useful in ESP business contexts! Books 5, 6 & 8 might be useful in EAP situations! Continue reading