Which of these do you consider to be unacceptable?
- Change some of the words and sentences in a text, but keep the
overall structure of the text and the vocabulary the same as in the original
- Take some short fixed phrases from several different sources and put
them together with some of your own words.
- Copy a paragraph directly from the source with no changes.
- Copy a paragraph making only small changes. For example, replace some
words with words with similar meanings.
- Copy out an article from a journal or textbook and submit it as a
piece of your own coursework.
- Cut and paste a paragraph: use the sentences of the original but put
one or two in a different order and leave one or two out.
- Paraphrase a paragraph: rewrite the paragraph but change the
language, organisation and detail, and give your own examples.
- Quote a paragraph by placing it in quotation marks and acknowledge
- Rewrite a passage from another writer and present it as your own
- Take just one word or phrase from a text because it is very well
- Use another author's organisation and way of arguing.
Press this if you want to check your answers: