Writing a reference list
Write a list of references for an essay from the information
- We don't know who wrote this newspaper article. It was in the
Guardian newspaper on Saturday November 6th this year. The title is: Divorced
couple fight for frozen embryos. It is on page 18.
- Someone called Andy Gillett wrote this web page, which is very
useful, and he worked at the University of Hertfordshire. It was published on
May 6th this year. The title is: Using English for Academic purposes. The URL
is http://www.uefap.com/ and I copied some information from it for this
exercise on Sunday November 7th at 11.00 at night.
- This was published in 1991 in Oxford and is a book by Professor John
Sinclair. The tritle of the book is: Corpus, concordance and collocation and
the publisher was Oxford University press.
- This small book is called: learning purpose and language use. It was
written by Henry George Widdowson and published in 1983. Like all his books it
was published in Oxford by Oxford University Press.
- This newspaper article was written by Jane Martinson in New York. The
title of the article is: Microsoft faces defining moment, and it was in the
Guardian on page 10 on Saturday November 6th, 1999.
- This book, like many dictionaries, does not say who wrote it. The
title is: Collins COBUILD English language dictionary and it was published in
1987 by HarperCollins in London.
- An article in the journal: Applied linguistics. It was written in
1985 by E Bialystock and M Sharwood-Smith. The title of the article is:
Interlanguage is not a state of mind: An evaluation of the construct for
second-language acquisition. It was published in volume 6 and it is from page
101 to page 117.
- An article in a collection of articles edited by John Lyons. The
title of the article is: the study of language acquisition, and it was written
by Robin Campbell and Roger Wales. It was on pages 242 to 260. The book of
articles was called: new horizons in linguistics and it was published in 1970
by Penguin in London.
- An article by Robert Cooper called: What do we learn when we learn a
language? It was published in 1970 in the journal TESOL Quarterly. It is on
pages 303-314 in volume 4.
- A very important book written in 1965 byW F Mackey. It was called:
Language teaching analysis. It was published in London by Longman.
- A book written by Noam Chomsky, who was professor of linguistics at
MIT in Cambridge Massachusetts. It was written in 1965 and the title of the
book is: Aspects of the theory of syntax. It was published by his own
- A book by Lyle F Bachman and Adrian S Palmer written in 1996. The title
is: Language testing in practice. It is published by Oxford University Press in
Press this button to check your answers: